Monday, April 9, 2012

Bali trip 2012.

As I have mentioned in my previous post,my camera was out of battery on the 2nd day and the charger couldn't charge,took photos with my iphone and the phone was restored in the end without backing up.So this are the only photos left on the other phone.

 We went to this restaurant which I can't remember the name of it for our first meal.It was near Kuta beach.Warung something.The food is relatively cheap there.But never order their Tom yam soup there or anywhere.It's very salty.Definitely different from what you have from Thailand.Or rather I should say,never order any soup from Indonesia.They taste really bad.Order either Mee goreng or Nasi Goreng to be safe.For drinks,order fruit juice cos it's really cheap!!About SGD$1 plus compared to singapore which will cost around $3.5-$4.5.

 Mee goreng
Nasi Goreng

 This is taken at Kuta beach.The beach is very dirty.The sands are very black.Perhaps because thousands of people come down to the famous Kuta beach to see the beautiful sunset?
 There was no peace at all when we were waiting for the sunset.All the "walking street vendors" kept approaching us to ask if we want to do manicure/hair braiding,buy ice cream,sunglasses,hats,scarfs,beach mats or even learn surfing from them.Super irritating!You simply cannot enjoy the sun in peace at all.




 But what I do like about the beach is that the wave is really huge.I love the sound of the wave very much.Many caucasians are surfing on the beach and some are learning how to.
 After suntanning at the beach,we took a cab to the spa that we had already asked our hotel to book for us at seminyak area.It's called the body works.We had a private couple room to ourselves.And the bathtub was really huge.Can sit horizontally facing each other with legs stretched out comfortably without squeezing..I feel like a queen over at the spa.My bf had Shiatzu massage which require alot of strength from the therapist whereas I had the aromatherapy massage followed by a bath.It was so relaxing!I fell in love with flower bath after I came back from Bali.I thought i can only see it on television but I had a chance to experience it.It was so romantic.We also ordered fruit juices while we were having the bathe.Felt like a king and a queen again.haha!
Shiatzu Massage
Our Shiatzu massage is a traditional Japanese finger pressure massage, using slow, deep penetration of key points along the acupunture meridians. The dispersing of excess or blocked energy can promote circulation to deficient or under active areas, stimulate the immune system and restore balance. The treatment is followed by a relaxing soak in a warm, flower-filled bath.
1 ½ hours Rp 324.000
Aromatherapy Massage
During the aromatherapy massage, the subtle aroma from the essential oils help strengthen the body’s healing potential. Choose from a variety of high quality oils blended to suit your personal needs (headache & migraine, rejuvenating, cough & cold, insomnia, etc). This treatment includes an aromatherapy bath.
1 ½ hours Rp 306.000

Overall the money was so well spent.Worth every penny!Can't wait to go Bali again!
^This is the website of the spa we went for those who are interested in the pricing etc.



 Back to our hotel after dinner and this is what we saw!A frog outside our room and our neighbours room.So cute!~ I feel so close to nature~


 This were taken at discovery mall's open area.The wind was so strong that I felt that I can fly.So scary.Was so afraid that the tsunami is coming and kept asking my bf to stop taking pictures and head back to the mall.Lol.

 After that we had our lunch at A&W and it was time to head back to Singapore.I also da bao-ed one pack of nuggets back.Haha..
One big lesson learnt from this trip is not to travel on winter seasons!!!Best to go Bali is from April til Sept as advised by the locals.Cos Oct-March is their raining season.It kept everyday for the 4days we were there at Bali.Probably only one day it didn't.But it still rained at night.Such a let down.Our moods were quite dampened by the rain..We couldn't swim or suntan at all.There isn't much sun:( The bf was so upset.Luckily the pool we just in front of our room and the moment we saw that there's sun we quickly change changed into our swimwear and suntan on the tanning chair and jump into the pool!No,actually we didn't jump cos the pool was too cold.We were like shivering in the water instead.But less an hour,it was about to rain again.So we went back..I bought a quicksilver swimwear which cost me about $70 bucks i think for just one time use-.-

So remember,be it any country that you plan to go,never go on January.I went HK during Jan last year and it was super duper cold!!!No clothes for me to buy too.And this time round at Bali it was difficult to shop too cos there aren't any shelter and you have to bring your own hotel umbrella..What's worst is that the whole roads are flooding,there will be cars splashing water on you..The roads are very dirty when it rains so do expect your legs to be very dirty after the whole day.

It was a birthday present for the bf and he like it so much..Ever since we are back,he keep mentioning that he wants to go back soon and he missed Bali a lot.He said that he want save a lot of money to buy many board shorts when he is there next year and even jokingly said to me.Why not we don't go Taiwan on June?We go Bali instead.With this you can see how much he enjoyed there.
It's a must visit country for every couple's out there.Do find time to visit if you haven't!!
 
 
Here are some videos taken when I was at Bali to make up for the lack of pictures..



This is the resort that I stayed for my 4days there.The biggest room I have ever stayed.It was really comfortable and outside my room was the swimming pool.So awesome.The service of the hotel staffs were great as well.Very warm,friendly and kind.They put on a smiley face whenever they see their hotel guests. They were never grumpy.So glad that I made a right choice by choosing Amadea.Just outside my hotel were stretch of shops that sells surf wear.Very convenient.Near to Kuta shopping area as well.
 
 Kuta beach

 

 
 This is the horse carriage that I saw when I was shopping at Kuta.There were many horses on the streets for tourist to ride on.I wonder how much are they for a ride.Will definitely try it when I am there next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts